[mythtv-users] tv guide line-up free

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Sep 6 12:46:36 UTC 2007

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 07:00:06PM -0700, Robert Current wrote:
> Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com Writes:
> > Nope.  *You* seem to be the only person who doesn't really care.
> >
> > You continue to raise it, by suggesting
> > sources for data that the rest of us are
> > pretty clear aren't actually usable
>
> This "We" and "You" stuff seems to come out of anyone associated with
> Schedules Direct? Part of the big turn-off to me. Can someone point me
> to the announcement that Jay spoke for all MythTV users?

Can someone point me to the announcement that Brad, Mike and I speak
for Schedules Direct?

> You know what, some people live outside the US, and are still trying
> to work out a solution?  Automated, pretty GUI Import and Export of
> data might be of value to THEM, or should they just give up too?

Most of them, oddly, *have* a solution already.

> "We" and "the rest of us" seem to indicate he thinks he does.  I
> missed that day.  I guess I thought it was an open source project.
> But clearly, it's a "must be Jay Ashworth approved" piece of software.

Look!  Another strawman!  :-)

> Does everyone have their copy of the Jay Ashworth Terms of Service?

Social contract, my boy; social contract.

> Come on? Grow up people.  What's so fricking scary about discussing
> other options?

Glossing over the fact that if people actually *use* them in any
quantity, a) they'll break and b) oh, look; what's this?  They'll give
MythTV a black eye with data providers?  Naw... *that* couldn't happen,
could it?

Moron.

Cheers,
-- jra