[mythtv-users] Wrong Aspect Ratio

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Thu Sep 6 13:18:52 UTC 2007

Jay R. Ashworth" <jra at baylink.com> wrote
On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 12:15:36PM -0400, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
 > > Ken Mandelberg wrote:
 > >  > Again, did I miss a configuration setting?
 > >
 > > The answer was yes. I was overlooking the aspect ratio setting on the
 > > appearance/xinerama page.
 > >
 > > Problem solved, sorry for the noise.

 >Could we trouble you to post the wrong and right settings, for archival
 >purposes?

Sure.

To elaborate, the root of the issue is that I recently upgraded my
Xserver to Xorg 1.3 to take advantage of xrandr 1.2. I'm running on a
Intel 915 graphics core on a laptop, xrandr 1.2 lets me shift the
desktop back and forth from an external vga and the internal display
with different resolutions. I only use myth on the VGA.

That upgrade added the XINERAMA extension to the X server, which
triggered the settings->appearance->settings to add the xinerama items
to the page. This includes a pull down menu with 4x3, 16x9, 16x10. It
was set to 4x3, and my VGA monitor was 16x10.

I missed this initially since I hadn't realized that xinerama was
relevant. Not sure if the 4x3 was a default or a consequence of the 4x3
laptop lcd.