[mythtv-users] Free US/Canada Listings

Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Thu Sep 6 15:28:08 UTC 2007

J Douglas [jdouglas70 at hotmail.com] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is a list of free TV listing sites for US/Canada.

Thank you for bringing some content to these threads!

> Zap2it - US/Canada listings (Complete)
> --------------------------------------
> Web: http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/
>
> Scraper (All OSes): http://zap2xml.110mb.com

Based on the xml file, this actually seems to work quite well, but I
haven't been brave enough to fill my database yet.  The thing which
gives me a concern is that the generated xml contains a data direct
program id with a dot and 2 leading zeros.  Eg:

<episode-num system="dd_progid">EP00361880.0034</episode-num>

According to my 0.20 mythtv installation which last fetched data from
the defunct labs.zap2it.com, the episode number for this show is:
EP3618800034

I could hack the scraper to make the new one look like the old one....
Do I need to?

Thanks,

Drew