[mythtv-users] Free US/Canada Listings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 6 16:10:02 UTC 2007

On 09/06/2007 11:28 AM, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
> J Douglas [jdouglas70 at hotmail.com] wrote:
>
>> Here is a list of free TV listing sites for US/Canada.
>>
> Thank you for bringing some content to these threads!
>
>> Zap2it - US/Canada listings (Complete)
>> --------------------------------------
>> Web: http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/
>>
>> Scraper (All OSes): http://zap2xml.110mb.com
>>
> Based on the xml file, this actually seems to work quite well,

OK.  I realize I'm being all oppressive and stuff, here, but here's some
other content from
http://www.zap2it.com/services/site/zap-termsofservice,0,7891102.story

"You agree ... not to use any data mining, data gathering or extraction
method."

Is it just me or would others prefer that all discussion of
explicitly-disallowed activities be taken off the MythTV lists?

I really don't care if you all create a thread, "People interested in
receiving e-mail about other data sources," in this mailing list where
anyone can post a message saying, "add me to your e-mails," and you all
have an offline conversation using direct e-mails or if you create your
own mailing list.  But, I don't like your discussing on the MythTV list
activities which are not, but which others may construe as being
implicitly or explicitly supported by MythTV or the MythTV developers.