[mythtv-users] tv guide line-up free

Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 18:39:04 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com

> Is it just me or would others prefer that all discussion of
> explicitly-disallowed activities be taken off the MythTV lists?
>
> I really don't care if you all create a thread, "People interested in
> receiving e-mail about other data sources," in this mailing list where
> anyone can post a message saying, "add me to your e-mails," and you all
> have an offline conversation using direct e-mails or if you create your
> own mailing list.  But, I don't like your discussing on the MythTV list
> activities which are not, but which others may construe as being
> implicitly or explicitly supported by MythTV or the MythTV developers.

This list is only for "approved" topics by MythTV approved Developers.
 This topic is "explicitly-disallowed activities."  But it's in no
here is ever censored or attacked for discussing things here?

You can't have it both ways Michael.  Pick one.

Please look back at the initial question.  It was a MythTV user,
asking about stuff specific to his MythTV system.  Are you suggesting
that user should not ask on a MythTV Users list?  And that the answer
not be discussed?  But that's not…

Are you going to tell every MythTV user that asks about MythTV uses
here on the MythTV Users List that they can't  be discussed on the
MythTV Users list?

I really don't understand how discussion upsets people so much.  And I
really am trying to understand what you're so afraid of and upset by.
Do you think something will happen to you if you're seen commenting on
something like this?  Do you fear you will be arrested or something?