[mythtv-users] database/program id question

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 6 18:39:06 UTC 2007

On 09/06/2007 01:11 PM, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
> I have an unnamed data source which gives a program id which looks like
> this: EP00361880.0034
>
> According to my 0.20 mythtv installation which last fetched data from
> the defunct labs.zap2it.com, the episode number for this show is
> slightly different: EP3618800034
>
> Note the leading "00" and the . 5 characters from the end in
> the new program id.
>
> My question: Do I need to filter the id make the new one look like the
> old one..?  Or is this something that mythfilldatabase can take care of?

A new post without an explicit mention of your use of a grabber scraping
a site whose TOS explicitly forbids scraping is not exactly what I meant
when I asked for discussion of explicitly forbidden activities to be
removed from the list.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/287909#287909

After all, this list is just as easy to trace for a lawyer as it is for
me.  (Same question from same OP just a couple of hours apart with
slightly different wording...  Even checking to see the format of
programid's in the various grabbers would tell the whole story.)

Mike