[mythtv-users] XFS: options when running mkfs.xfs

David Rees drees76 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 18:40:11 UTC 2007

On 9/6/07, Nedim Cholich <mythtv at cholich.com> wrote:
> Now you got me worried. What tool and more importantly what metrics do you
> use to figure out if disk/io is having hard time? iostats?

I usually use a combination of "vmstat 3", top and/or "iostat 3" in
that order when looking for IO problems.

Look for high io wait values and low throughput which indicates that
the disk is buy seeking around for data.

If using vmstat, low values in bi/bo and high percentage in wa is what
you're looking for.

-Dave