[mythtv-users] Import and Export of Program Listing Data

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Thu Sep 6 21:12:31 UTC 2007

On 9/6/07, Robert Current <robert.current at gmail.com> wrote:

> ----
> These concepts seem to have no clear answer:

I'm not sure I see a clear reason for these concepts.  You are admittedly
probably targeting a small subset of MythTV users given the "murky" issues
surrounding some of the concepts.  For that small subset, I fail to see any
benefit in sharing data between users since the likelyhood of any two users
sharing the same dataset is small.  The complexities surrounding the
distribution methods seem to outweigh any perceived benefit.  A majority of
users will be well served simply getting their data directly from the
original source, not trying to gather it from peers.

Distribution via torrents or USENET or a central data server was