[mythtv-users] database/program id question

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Sep 6 22:47:55 UTC 2007

Andrew Gallatin wrote:
> Michael T. Dean [mtdean at thirdcontact.com] wrote:
>> On 09/06/2007 01:11 PM, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
>>> I have an unnamed data source which gives a program id which looks like
>>> this: EP00361880.0034
>>>
>>> According to my 0.20 mythtv installation which last fetched data from
>>> the defunct labs.zap2it.com, the episode number for this show is
>>> slightly different: EP3618800034
>>>
>>> Note the leading "00" and the . 5 characters from the end in
>>> the new program id.

They are in the process of transitioning to an 8 digit series
part. I believe that this is because they were simply running
out of numbers to uniquely identify series. In 0.20.2 or SVN,
the leading "00" are automagically added to 12 char programids
to make them the new 14char format. The "." doesn't belong.
strip it out. The last four digits are the episode id for the
series and someone may have added this to emphasize that fact
but it shouldn't be there.

>>> My question: Do I need to filter the id make the new one look like the
>>> old one..?  Or is this something that mythfilldatabase can take care of?
>> A new post without an explicit mention of your use of a grabber scraping
>
> So, I take it you don't want to answer the question.  Great.
> Can you just simply not post in the thread then?

Really. I've been working on a DVR for several years and want
to use the best DVR possible. If someone has a way to populate
the listings data, more power to them. I have no problem with
whatever. In the long term, I would certainly hope that there
would be several options open to anyone who who wants to use myth. Commercial, non-commercial, non-profit, not for profit with a wink
or whatever. We've always accepted patches for grabbers in other
countries. Therefore, I don't see the motivations of some of the
attitudes I've been seeing lately. This is a simple question with
a simple answer. If anyone needs help with formating data for best
effect with myth, I'd be glad to help.

--  bjm