[mythtv-users] Desktop Logout when exiting MythFrontend

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Sep 6 23:48:40 UTC 2007

Sorry I'm not actually replying to the original email.  I've just subscribed to
send this.

I'm seeing the same thing David Vazquez is reporting, that exiting mythfrontend
brings you back kdm (gdm in my case) login.

What's actually happening is that X is crashing.  I don't know why, but when
mythfrontend exits normally (no segfault as others suggested), X often crashes.

David, look in /var/log/Xorg.0.log.old next time it happens.  You'll see the
backtrace from X.