[mythtv-users] Watching recorded shows via a webserver.

Nick Gray nagray at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Sep 7 00:58:22 UTC 2007

All,

Just wondering if anyone has tinkered with this.

I am using mythrename.pl and creating links to my original files
in /video, in a directory called /video/shownames. (Very similar to the
defaults for the --link function).

It seems I should be able to add "/video/shownames" to my webserver's
path and setup the webserver to run a command such as "xine
file://video/filename " and watch movies (locally that is) with the
click of a mouse.

haven't had time to play with it today, but if I get somewhere, I will
post it.

Nick