[mythtv-users] How do I customize the mythtv menu?

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Fri Sep 7 02:41:38 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Bruce Markey
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2007 6:16 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] How do I customize the mythtv menu?

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:

> Thanks for the help guys. I was able to add Games, get rid of status
> and recording priorities (I put those in other menus), and I added
> videos to the main menu. One last question...I want to have my Videos
> link go straight to the video gallery, but I can't figure that one
> out. Right now it goes to the videos menu where I then have to select
> Video Gallery

Then put the Video Gallery button where you want it. BTW
there is no reason you can't have the same button in two
places other than it's bad style but if you want that one button by itself
higher up in the menus, you could do that.

--  bjm

I tried to have this in the xml file:

   <button>
     <type>VIDEO_GALLERY</type>
     <text>Video Gallery</text>
     <text lang="FR">Gallerie vidéo</text>
     <text lang="DE">Galerie</text>
     <text lang="SI">Galerija filmov</text>
     <text lang="FI">Videogalleria</text>
     <text lang="DK">Film Galleri</text>
     <text lang="SV">Filmgalleri</text>
     <text lang="PT">Galeria de Filmes</text>
     <text lang="ES">Galería</text>
     <text lang="ET">Filmide galerii</text>
     <text lang="RU">??????? ???????</text>
     <action>GALLERY</action>
   </button>

---That's the same code from the videomenu.xml file, but it didn't work, so
at the moment I'm stuck with just going to the video menu with the 4 default
options. When you press ok or enter on that menu item, nothing happens. Any
ideas? Try for yourself and see if you can get it working.
--Thanks
--Steve