[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend (and X11) dying...

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Fri Sep 7 06:36:01 UTC 2007

> On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 10:59:41 -0600, clemens wrote
> > Im running Fedora6, updated to the present date, and MythTV, updated
> > to 4Sep.
> >
> > Ive found that over the last few weeks, if I leave 'Live TV' runing
> > overnight, when I come in in the morning, the screen is BLACK.
>
> Okay, I have to ask.  Why would you leave Live TV running overnight?  I
> figure you have a reason.  I just have no clue what it would be, and my
> curiosity is getting to me.

OK, not as strange as it might seem.
The TV being on or off has nothing to do with it, its mythfrontend being
in the 'Live TV' mode that seems to be the problem.
In fact, the 'TV' in question is the monitor on my MythTV machine
The Montitor itself is on a KVM so I can switch over to it or not, usually
the KVM is sitting on my main machine.

Now someone suggested going back to the Menu.
I havent tried that, Ill have to see if things die there too, interesting question.

But, how mythfrontend can die and take X11 with it is still a question.

And no, I havent set up a log file (when things dont die I can see those
messages in the window I start mythfrontend in, and that has been good
enough to now), but will start up a log and see if that tells me anthing.

Hummmm, two experiments.
--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com