[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Sep 7 14:24:39 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> No.  You can't truly appreciate the BUSQ until you see it in its full
> glory.  What you see in the logs is just a shadow of the BUSQ (the BUSQ
> is a "dyanamic" query that's built "on the fly").  Open up
> programs/mythbackend/scheduler.cpp and read through all that makes the
> BUSQ (yes, it really is in there).
>
> Now do you see why only the bravest among us (i.e. Bruce Markey and
> David Engel and the occasional brave adventurer, like David Shay) are
> willing to touch the BUSQ.

Is it not possible, within scheduler.cpp, to break down the BUSQ in such a way
that it is more comprehensible by the devs and easier for MySQL to deal with? I
have done some refactoring of similar beasts in the past (~5 years) and know it
can make a hell of a difference to maintainability if nothing else.

Just saw the prettyprinted BUSQ. OMFG. (picks jaw off floor)

Mike Perkins