[mythtv-users] Myth Developers ban all use of MythTV as a PVR due to IP infringement?

David Brieck Jr. dbrieck at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 14:48:59 UTC 2007

On 9/7/07, James Orr <james.orr7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> You seem to be under a misunderstanding about some things.
>
> Tribune never took away DD.  Tribune never took away anything.  It's still
> there, and is in fact what SchedulesDirect uses.
>
> zap2it labs used to do excactly what schedulesdirect now does.  THEY are the
> ones who stopped.  Tribune and Zap2It are two separate entities.
>
> Tribune is not now selling something they used to give away for free.  They
> always sold it.  They still sell it to zap2it, but zap2it doesn't give it
> away anymore.  They do have a new customer in schedulesdirect.

Just to clarify this, Zap2It is part of Tribune, they aren't separate
entities. Zap2It is just the brand that most consumers are familiar
with. (check out the very bottom of zap2it.com)

So yes, Tribune did take away something they were giving away for free
under the Zap2It brand. I'm not complaining, it's good data and I'm
willing to pay for it.