[mythtv-users] Live TV Freezing Between Shows

Taco Mel taco_mel at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 7 15:19:40 UTC 2007

David,

See ticket #2335
(http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2335).  There is a
patch in there, and applied against recent SVN trunks,
has fixed the same (?) problem for me with a Hauppauge
500.  Before that patch even trying to get to the main
menu would not work for up to 30-60 seconds and
sometimes it was so stuck that I had to kill
mythfrontend.  To the point where I even programmed a
function on my remote to "pkill -9 mythfrontend" and
then restart it, to appease the wife.

In any case I have incorporated this patch into my own
RPM build spec file and as I said that has fixed my
problem (after upgrading both the back end and front
end with a patched version).  There are other "worked
for me" reports on the ticket and in other messages on
this list.  But this hasn't been committed yet, so
there is probably a reason why, perhaps side effects,
or general lack of testing?  I don't know, YMMV.

Taco