[mythtv-users] Mandriva 2007.1 0.20.2 updates???

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Fri Sep 7 15:54:01 UTC 2007

Mike Perkins wrote:
> Bob Sully wrote:
>>
>> I just checked the PLF mirrors in Oz...still nothing there.
>>
>> Anyone know when and if there will be Mandriva 2007.1 update binaries
>> available?
>>
> I am running Mandriva 2007.1. When I originally upgraded from 2006 I
> discovered
> that they provide a larger range of sources to pull programs from. The
> Mythtv
> setup that I chose after installation was packages from the Contrib source
> (or
> possibly Contrib backports). That was roughly equivalent to 0.20-fixes at
> the
> time I did it - a few weeks ago now.
>
> If you check all the update options including contrib and backports and
> update
> the source info you may find more up-to-date versions of Mythtv than you
> have
> installed. The Mandriva version numbering system is sometimes difficult to
> figure out with respect to real project version numbers.
>
> In the end I needed functionality that wasn't in the package, so I pulled
> svn
> trunk and haven't looked back since (or had any show-stopper problems).
> What
> exactly did you need from 2007.1? You're in Oz so you don't need the DD/SD
> stuff, surely?
>
> Mike Perkins

Hi, Mike:

No, I'm not in Oz, though I often wish I were.  ;-)  I'm in California, so
I definitely need the latest update (for the SD changes).

As I mentioned before, I'd like to simply update the Myth packages on this
system so I don't have to start all over again from scratch with my
channel database, etc.  If I pull from SVN or simply use my semi-working
Kubuntu install, I'm looking at something like a week's worth of my
limited free time going through and re-matching up QAM channels to what's
in the EPG.  I could do this, but I'd much prefer simply doing an rpm -Uvh
or letting urpmi do it.  :-)

Bob