[mythtv-users] Myth Developers ban all use of MythTV as a PVR due to IP infringement?

James Gutshall Jr warchildx at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 17:45:20 UTC 2007

On 9/7/07, William Munson <william_munson at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> As always you are free to do what you want however this thread is now
> flagged for auto deletion as feeding the trolls does no good. If the
> troll wants to scrape web sites let him, I prefer to receive high
> quality listings at a very reasonable charge. After all, if you cannot
> afford $5/month you should not be building PVR systems, you probably
> should not even own a computer, you should be out there working your
> butt off making a living.

I strongly disagree with this comment.  I for one do work my butt off.  I
have a family, bills, and a kid.
The "cannot afford $5 per month" may not specifically be not having the $5.
it is the fact of justifying spending the $5 for listing data versus
spending it on your family.

I have older hardware, dont have a xbox360/PS3/iphone/etc, and trade for
most my equipment for programming services, etc and thus writing a custom
solution for myself does not mean I am anti-SD.  I applaud their efforts for
bringing a solution to the masses.  however, at this time, I cannot justify
the money for one of my "play toys" as my wife calls it.  Does that make
sense?  I may be just reading too much into the comment, or perhaps it is
directed at an individual instead of the mass public.

Respectfully trying to clarify...
--James