[mythtv-users] Myth Developers ban all use of MythTV as a PVR due to IP infringement?

Andreas linuxdreas at dslextreme.com
Fri Sep 7 18:21:37 UTC 2007

Le Freitag, 7. September 2007, Brett Kosinski a écrit :
> On 9/7/07, James Gutshall Jr <warchildx at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 9/7/07, William Munson <william_munson at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> > > As always you are free to do what you want however this thread is now
> > > flagged for auto deletion as feeding the trolls does no good. If the
> > > troll wants to scrape web sites let him, I prefer to receive high
> > > quality listings at a very reasonable charge. After all, if you
> > > cannot afford $5/month you should not be building PVR systems, you
> > > probably should not even own a computer, you should be out there
> > > working your butt off making a living.
> >
> > I strongly disagree with this comment.  I for one do work my butt off.
> > I have a family, bills, and a kid.
> > The "cannot afford $5 per month" may not specifically be not having the
> > $5.  it is the fact of justifying spending the $5 for listing data
> > versus spending it on your family.
>
> Dude.  It's *5 dollars*.  You could save that by forgoing your morning
> coffee for a few days.  And that's over double what the expected target
> fee structure will be.
>
> Honestly, if you can't scrounge up a few bucks a month for quality
> listings data, you really should be rethinking your finances a bit.
> That, or reconsidering why you built a Myth box in the first place.

you really think that someone who has problems "scrounging up a few bucks"
did not already rethink his finances over and over?

And "reconsider why you built a Myth box"? Maybe you want to lay out the
minimum financial specifications for a Myth box builder and put that info
in the wiki ?

--
Gruß
Andreas