[mythtv-users] Myth Developers ban all use of MythTV as a PVR due to IP infringement?

Kevin Hulse jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Sep 7 19:00:14 UTC 2007

On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 03:48:25PM -0300, Greg Estabrooks wrote:
> > What does your wife think about your mythtv venture at this time?  have you
>

>  I don't know about Brett but my wife loves it(4.5years now).
> So much so that I have to "schedule" downtime for updates or maintenance. Between her and my daughter,  and the mall army of rontends we have littered throughout the house I might as well get rid of cable altogether if I ever take myth away because they wont want to touch it without myth.
>

> > Im not picking, I am honestly asking as I am trying to roll this out at my
> > house.  My daughter (3yrs old) loves the being able to watch her cartoons,
> > which i have record.
>

>  One thing I like the is the ability to set a recording rule to "record this show anytine on this channel" and "only keep 3 episodes, record new ones and delete the oldest if we surpass that limit". I use it on all my daughters shows so there is a constant set of "new" shows for her without my needing to manually remove or manage them :)

I have found that this causes certain shows to monopolize the tuner.

I basically take this approach but have it set up so that shows that
have been watched need to be manually deleted. It's not a terribly
manual process really. It's much like a Tivo.

So N episodes are recorded and no more are recorded until something
is watched and removed.

Although other things I just "grab it all". I transcode most things
so I have enough storage to do that.

[deletia]