[mythtv-users] Myth Developers ban all use of MythTV as a PVR due to IP infringement?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Fri Sep 7 21:09:58 UTC 2007

On Sep 7, 2007, at 2:03 PM, Brett Kosinski wrote:
> Hell, there's probably plenty more reasons why, but those are just
> off the top of my head.  In short, given my experience and general
> preference for Linux, I felt Myth was the *best solution* for my
> particular set of requirements.

Ditto.  Actually, my original thought was, "well, I'll try out this
DVR thing with MythTV on some spare hardware, because I can do it
cheaply.  If I like it, maybe I'll think about buying a TiVO."  Once
I found how well Myth worked I decided I'd rather spend my money
expanding my Myth system.  It didn't really have anything to do with
free vs. non-free, except for my initial decision to try it out.

The same option would still have been open to me with Schedules
Direct, because I could have opened a trial account for free and then
decided whether to continue the subscription later.