[mythtv-users] OT: OpenMoko

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 7 23:32:00 UTC 2007

On 09/07/2007 07:10 PM, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 05:30:24PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> I'm also buying an OpenMoko free cell phone for $450.  I love the phone
>> because it's free and much better than the no-charge phone I got from my
>> cell-service provider (and nicer than the $299 phones I could have
>> bought but have never done so because I was unwilling to pay money for a
>> non-free phone, so I got a no-charge non-free phone instead).
> Yeah... but WTF were they thinking not putting a *peroper* PTT button
> on the side of the case?  Ruins it for me, pretty much completely.

I gotta say--as the guy who couldn't sleep until the guy in the hotel
room next to his stopped PTT'ing with his wife at 2:00am--that PTT
typically ruins it (my mood) for me.  :)  (Does the beep/conversation
volume have to be that loud?)

Besides, my provider doesn't offer PTT, so it won't be a downside for me
(although finding a use for a PTT button without PTT would have been an
interesting challenge--made possible by the free platform :).

Mike