[mythtv-users] Real Time Clock Alarm Broken with 2.6.22+ kernel

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 01:16:45 UTC 2007

On 9/7/07, Anthony Messina <amessina at messinet.com> wrote:

> On Friday 07 September 2007 07:56:11 am Craig Huff wrote:
>
> > I had done a lot of work to figure out how to get the RTC alarm to work
> in
> > FC6 on my system so
>
> i did the same for my fc7 system, then realized that all i needed to do
> was
> change the wakup time format in mythtv-settings to "time_t"
>
> and have my script contain:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> echo 0 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm
> echo $1 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm
>
> now it works like a charm every time.
>
> --
> Anthony -  http://messinet.com - http://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
> 8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E

> Anthony,

Thanks for that idea.  I had already figured out the recoding necessary
using options to the date command to reformat the value in an update of the
script I had posted to the list a month or two ago, but I like yours
better.  My problem isn't so much getting the time into the right format,
but that the system no longer will wake from suspend-to-disk (and power down
to standby power only, essentially "off").  I'm sure the kernel developers
would say I have a defective mobo, but I suspect they didn't do a very large
sample of mobos.  Whatever they did to "improve" the alarm code broke it on
my system.  That makes me %^(.

Craig.