[mythtv-users] Another hardware spec test/question

Nedim Cholich mythtv at cholich.com
Sat Sep 8 02:24:55 UTC 2007

On 9/7/07, William Pettersson <enigma at strudel-hound.com> wrote:

> So, will my Pentium Dual Core (not Core2Duo), Intel 950GMA and 2GB of
> RAM handle 1080p?  720p?  Ninja turtles?

Not sure if it can handle all four ninja turtles at the same time though.
Maybe 2, 3 tops. Depends on how fast they're flying if your xvmc driver
supports motion compensation.

On a more serious note, good nvidia card (7300GS or 7600GS with passive
cooling) with xvmc should be able to handle 720p/1080i. Not sure about
1080p, I have not seen any content yet.

When you upgrade your back-end, get HDHomeRun. It's awesome!