[mythtv-users] Free US/Canada Listings

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sat Sep 8 03:42:05 UTC 2007

Phill Wiggin wrote:
   But, since the Myth supported scraping (as a
> primary input, no less) and the list previously discussed scraping, I
> see no reason that it shouldn't continue to be discussed here.

And the list owners now recognize that scraping in defiance of user
agreements  or web-site owners is illegal. And scraping and other
improper acts in relation to websites causes the sorts of problems which
  we have just seen with the demise of labs.zap2it. They stopped giving
us a free feed because some people were abusing the privilege.

Isaac and others do not want that to happen again. They do not want to
be associated with it in any way. If they did 'it' in the past, they no
longer do, and regret having done so.

> Having said that, I'm completely behind SD and appreciate the
> organizers' efforts. I'll be subscribing to SD for as long as it runs
> (or until they invent the 'Jack-in-your-head' cable system).

So there is no need to discuss scraping, nor any reason why you should
encourage others to do so.

Geoff