[mythtv-users] tv guide line-up free

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Sat Sep 8 07:04:24 UTC 2007

On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 11:46:07PM -0700, Chris Petersen alleged:
> for the record, we're extremely grateful for the tremendous number of
> understanding/thankful users out there), but that if there was any other
> LEGAL option, we would have taken it.

Count me in on that.  As a long-time quiet user, I was always uncomfortable
with the zap2it arrangement.  It never felt like something that would last.  I
had assumed that at some point the plug would be pulled and I'd have to throw
out my mythbox.  I'm happy that the guide data is now legit.

That said, I feel that my cable company *owes* me that data and should offer
feeds directly to paying subscribers.  But since cable companies are scum
sucking government protected monopolies and will never offer it, SD is a pretty
good arrangement.