[mythtv-users] did i understand this right

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Sat Sep 8 11:57:37 UTC 2007

On Saturday 08 September 2007, Chaos Lord wrote:
> Hallo NG
>
> i'm looking for an VDR solution and by googlining i found mythtv. I
> have one question to the system. When i understand it right. I can
> but ie dvb-S Cards in one Computer and watch on an otherone. Is this
> right. If Yes is it possible to only watch recorded progroms or
> normal TV-Programm too?
Mythtv is a client (called frontend)- server (called backend).  So you have a
backend with capture card(s) (and music and video collection) and a frontend
that connects to the server and receives data.  You can have multiple clients
(you can even have multiple backends with 1 master backend).  You can also
combine the backend en frontend in 1 system.
This is for live-tv and pre-recorder programs.

> The second Question is if it is possible o use other applications
> like ip-Radio, mp3 etc with the Client (if splitting is possible)
The client is capable of playing music and video that is streamed from the
backend to the frontend.

Stef