[mythtv-users] FC7 & PVR-150 static -- Is FC7 good to use?

Jonathan Smith jonathanlsmith at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 15:29:33 UTC 2007

On 9/8/07, Jeff volckaert <jvolckaert at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/8/07, Jonathan Smith <jonathanlsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I did the same process 2 weeks ago, backed up/restored my data, going
> > from FC5 reinstalling to FC7.  I have a Hauppauge 250 and 500.  No
> > issues with either tuner, same quality picture I had before.  My
> > biggest challenge was getting Xine working with the non free codecs,
> > but not to stray from the subject, the HP 500 is 2 150 cards so I can
> > say that it does work with FC7.  You may want to try reinstalling your
> > card(s) via MythTV setup or at least double check the setup.  Good
> > Luck.
> Thanks for replying.  Are you on kernel 2.6.22 and fully updated?
> Even with wiping my database and starting from scratch I only get
> static.
>
> How did you do your restore?  Before or after you installed Mythtv?

kernel version: 2.6.22.4-65

I restored before installing mythtv.

I have an external hard drive that I use to backup all data.  Using
the automysqlbackup utility:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/automysqlbackup/, I backed up my
database to the external hard drive, along with all of the video and
the etc dir (for reference for any config iisues).   Installed FC7
including mysql, patched via yum, restored the database and video,
then installed mythtv via yum.