[mythtv-users] NFS mounts permissions

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Sat Sep 8 15:53:19 UTC 2007

I have just completed a rebuild of my combined backend/frontend into a
master backend only (3 cards), 1 slave backend (1 card) and 1 frontend
only. I seem to have an issue with the permissions on my NFS mounts on
the slave backend.

This is my define in /etc/exports for the myth recordings directory on
the master backend:

/myth-data 10.0.0.1/24(rw,no_root_squash,async)

The recordings are actually in a sub directory, recordings.

I created a mount point on the slave, /myth-data and mounted the NFS
directory on that. The permissions on the slave directory were set to
mythtv:mythtv and 775. However, the slave is telling me it has no
permission to write to the recordings directory.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers
Bruce