[mythtv-users] Free US/Canada Listings

Remco Treffkorn remco at rvt.com
Sat Sep 8 19:15:01 UTC 2007

On Friday 07 September 2007, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> Phill Wiggin wrote:
>    But, since the Myth supported scraping (as a
>
> > primary input, no less) and the list previously discussed scraping, I
> > see no reason that it shouldn't continue to be discussed here.
>
> And the list owners now recognize that scraping in defiance of user
> agreements  or web-site owners is illegal. And scraping and other
> improper acts in relation to websites causes the sorts of problems which
>   we have just seen with the demise of labs.zap2it. They stopped giving
> us a free feed because some people were abusing the privilege.
>
> Isaac and others do not want that to happen again. They do not want to
> be associated with it in any way. If they did 'it' in the past, they no
> longer do, and regret having done so.
>
> > Having said that, I'm completely behind SD and appreciate the
> > organizers' efforts. I'll be subscribing to SD for as long as it runs
> > (or until they invent the 'Jack-in-your-head' cable system).
>
> So there is no need to discuss scraping, nor any reason why you should
> encourage others to do so.
>
> Geoff

I put up with a lot of crap on this mailing list, but you just broke the
record. Three vitriolic, contentless, bullying posts in the space of
minutes...
 And I wondered what kind of person would want to be a 'Blockwart'.

Welcome to my killfile. At least I will never have to endure another post from
you!

--
Remco Treffkorn (RT445)
HAM DC2XT