[mythtv-users] Myth Archive

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 21:52:15 UTC 2007

On 9/8/07, Paul Harrison <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> Mitch Gore wrote:
> > This is a combined FE/BE.  So it should work.  What do i do now?
> >

> Is 'mythtv' the correct hostname?
>
> Does running the query below in mysql give you the correct work
> directory setting?
> SELECT value, data FROM settings WHERE hostname = 'mythtv' AND value =
> 'MythArchiveTempDir';
>
> Does that work directory exist and does the user running mythfrontend
> have read/write permissions on it?
>
> Paul H.

Here is the output:

mysql> SELECT value, data FROM settings WHERE hostname = 'mythtv' AND value
=
    -> 'MythArchiveTempDir';
+--------------------+----------------------+
| value              | data                 |
+--------------------+----------------------+
| MythArchiveTempDir | /video/temp-archive/ |
| MythArchiveTempDir |                      |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

I figured the blank record was causing the issue.  I went into phpMyAdmin
and deleted the blank.  Retryed and the blank is back.  So for some reason
it doesnt like the first one and creates a new blank entry.  The hostname is
mythtv.

Thanks,
Mitchell