[mythtv-users] linux updates suck

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Sep 9 02:24:41 UTC 2007

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 08, 2007 at 07:27:59PM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
>> If your definition of "a big pain in the ass" is "something that makes
>> my Myth system work" then I agree. MythTV would be a lot less useful
>> without the much-appreciated efforts from both of those teams.
>>
>> Nothing worthwhile comes without effort.
>
> Careful, now; we just got done pooh-poohing "sacrifices" in another
> thread.

I'm not suggesting hauling some carcass to a Sacred City for proper
priestly handling :-)

Any non-trivial project will have dependencies. Some will be more
"troublesome" than others.

The ones than tend to land on the "troublesome" list have a habit of
also finding their way to the "useful" list.

The main problems the OP seemed to be complaining about were not
Myth-specific as far as I can tell, they just happened to effect things
that Myth depends on.

As it doesn't involve sticking a crowbar into certain persons wallets I
suspect we will see less "discussion".

beww