[mythtv-users] Written proof that we've all been conned about SD

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Sep 9 05:52:15 UTC 2007

On Sep 8, 2007, at 10:40 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:

> Myth is still free. You can still use a scraper and get program
> data for
> free if that is your religion. I consider that $5 a month is small
> price
> to pay to insure against the uncertainty of having to figure our
> how to
> scrape. And maybe Isaac and Robert and the others may make a couple of
> bucks. Good for them. They deserve it for all the work they have
> done on
> Myth. But note: they will make that money from SD not Myth.

I like paying $5/month for listing data. Now I have someone to bitch
at if it breaks. I've gone through periods of downtime with TMS data.
I couldn't complain. It was free. For a while, I was only getting 3
days at a time. It sucked hard. Before that, scrapers would break and
I wouldn't have time to look into fixing it so no guide data for me.
That sucked worse. Now I don't worry.