[mythtv-users] DVB-T cards for Ubuntu Edgy

victor rajewski askvictor at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 10:34:55 UTC 2007

On 9/9/07, Justin Smith <justin at smithpolglase.com> wrote:
> I need a new PCI DVB-T tuner card for my Ubuntu Edgy backend, and I'm
> finding it difficult to get any of the cards that are listed as
> supported in the mythtv.org wiki. It appears that many of these cards
> have been replaced by newer models for which compatibility is a
> question. Or are just not available in Australia.
>
> Some of the PCI DVB-T cards that are readily available in Aus are listed
> below. Do any of them work out of the box with Edgy?
>
> DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4 TV Tuner
> DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Pro
> DViCo FUsionHDTV DVB-T Plus
> DigitalNow DNTV Live Hybrid LP S2 DVB-T/Analog/FM
> Compro VideoMate DVB-T750 DUAL DIG TUNER
> Compro VideoMate DVB-T100 AV-CAP/DV TUNER
> Compro VideoMate DVB-T200
> Leadtek WinFast DTV1000T
> Avermedia AVerTV DVB-T Super 007
>
> If any the cards won't work with Edgy (2.6.17) but will work with Feisty
> (2.6.20) then I guess I will consider an OS upgrade. Similarly for Gutsy
> (I guess I could wait a month...)

I'm using a DViCO Dual Digital 4 under Feisty. It doesn't work out of
the box, but if you can follow instructions, I got it working using
the guide at http://fremnet.net/article/228/dvico-fusionhdtv-dual-digital-4-under-linux
I suspect it would also work with Edgy.

The only issue I've found (which may or may not be an issue) is that
the firmware reloads every couple of seconds. This doesn't seem to
cause any problems apart from filling up the logs.

Good Luck

vik