[mythtv-users] Analog from a Digital card woes...

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Sun Sep 9 12:00:59 UTC 2007

Hi all

I am struggling to get my digital/analog card to work under analog with
Myth. TvTime will view the output just fine, no jerkyness or anything.
Myth however refuses to even show a picture in any way, shape, or form.
I built a seperate machine for this card so it had nothing else to do
but handle the card. Mythfrontend.log is showing nothing related to this
problem. I have double/triple checked the correct output interface
(SVideo) is selected, the card is in dmesg, video0 exists etc etc etc.

The card is a DNTV LIve! Pro card, Myth is the latest SVN, operating
system is Ubuntu Feisty 7.04.

Does anyone have any ideas on where I should start looking for the problem?

And no, a PVRxxx card is not an option at this stage, due to time and
finances. Tonight I have to do a long haul watching what I should be
recording and will probably sleep sometime tomorrow.

Any and all assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers
Bruce