[mythtv-users] Backing up mysql database.

Marc drayson at net1plus.com
Sun Sep 9 12:08:26 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Tom Metro
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2007 1:05 AM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Backing up mysql database.

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Tom Metro wrote:
>> . /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt
>
> Just be very careful not to let any stray commands in your
> mysql.txt--especially if running the script as root.  :)

Good point, but I ran the script as the mythtv user, which is the same
user that owns /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt.

Marc wrote:
> Theoretically, I should never need it considering both my frontend and
> backend mirrored OS drives.

Not true. Mirroring saves you from hardware failure in one drive. It
doesn't save you from software or human error. A failed upgrade could
theoretically trash your database. Having historical archives is good
insurance against that.

  -Tom