[mythtv-users] Written proof that we've all been conned about SD

Paul Mason latepaul at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 13:03:09 UTC 2007

On 09/09/2007, kijuhty kijuhty <kijuhty at gmail.com> wrote:

> How does your foot taste Phil, Greg, Jay, William et al?
>
> Did you read that post from aaron at pluto stating that sponsor(s) offered
> to pay for data direct/zap2it to keep it free?
>
> There you have the proof in black & white from a commercial Tribune
> licensor, quoting a Tribune employee, showing that there was zero chance
> that the free zap2it labs would ever have gone away,

Surely this:

" they offered to fund keeping zap2it free... But Tribune turned down the
request since their goal was to make it a pay service."

shows the exact opposite? There was an offer to pay for keeping it free and
Tribune TURNED IT DOWN. And the "since their goal was to make it a pay
service" part says to me there was zero chance of the free service NOT going
away.

Being in the UK I don't have a dog in this fight but quoting something that
shows the exact opposite of what you're quoting it to support seems a little
odd.

--
Paul Mason