[mythtv-users] New/Split the MythTV list for forbidden topics

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Sep 9 16:05:46 UTC 2007

On Sun, Sep 09, 2007 at 09:09:31AM +0100, norman wrote:
> I am inclined to agree with everything written here. I use this list
> because I am able to read about various problems and their solutions
> regarding the use of Mythtv. Also, when I have a problem, I know where
> to go. The difficulty I am finding these days is picking out the
> relevant material from the chaff. For example, this morning I had 68
> messages to read and I doubt if more than 10% had any real relevance to
> Mythtv. Why complain here about Linux for instance, this is nothing to
> do with Mythtv?

Because this list encompasses *a community*.

This argument gets played about about every 3 months, or so; I think
it's about 3% of the mailing list traffic I've ever seen since 1983 or
so.

May I suggest that if your mailreader understands how to kill threads,
you do that, or if it doesn't, that you find one which does; lots of
comfortable ones do.

Cheers,
-- jr 'ie: it's your responsibility, not ours' a