[mythtv-users] MythTV Upgrade FC5 --> F7 ... A Story of Hope

Geoff Ruscoe gcruscoe at sigmavisions.com
Mon Sep 10 11:31:29 UTC 2007

Also for anybody reading this that requires firewire.  Remember these
important steps:

* The firewire that comes with fedora 7+ (juju I think its called) is a
whole new firewire stack and is incompatible with mythtv.  It must be
disabled and the new one installed for mythtv to be able to use firewire to
connect to anything [read: my dvr box :-)].  The old ones are available on
atrpms, the new ones can be listed in the modules.conf blacklist and all
will be well

* The atrpms version (at the time of this righting) will not really work
with the firewire stuff because it doesn't have the latest bug fixes.  I
pulled down the branches/release-0-20-fixes and it compiled very nicely on
fedora 7 and had me up and running.

Hope this helps someone needing firewire and mythtv!