[mythtv-users] NFL Games on TV listings

Henry A Harper III hah at alumni.rice.edu
Mon Sep 10 16:57:43 UTC 2007

> Does the SD stuff let you search for NFL Football games -vs- College
> Football games?
>
> My DIY listing list:
> Sports,Football,Events,Live
> for categories and something like:
> Chargers @ Patriots:
> San Diego Chargers at New England Patriots
> for the title and description, but there's nothing that is really
> different ( other than the
> NFL Team names ) that let me search for that as an NFL football
> game... do the SD
> listing spell out NFL on an NFL game?
>
> If not... has anyone come up with a way to search for NFL games? I may
> put together
> a script that updates the 'Sports,Football,Events,Live' to
> 'Sports,Football,Events,Live,NFL'
> if that's the only way to do it.

Last year when I set up my mythbox using DD, my mythweb listings page for a
Sunday will show a title:subtitle like "NFL Football: Colts @ Titans". I
clicked on the title, selected "record any time on any channel" and I get
all (local OTA, since my mythbox is ATSC only)) NFL games recorded. Looking
at mythweb's Recording Schedules page, I have a schedule for "NFL Football"
on any channel. The switch to SD has not affected this at all. Too simple?