[mythtv-users] Trouble gettin Mythweb working

Trey Thompson treythompson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 17:27:45 UTC 2007

On 9/10/07, Taco Mel <taco_mel at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Any 403/forbidden error will typically indicate either
> a permissions problem of some kind, or that the
> "index.html" (or whatever your other directory index
> placeholder you are using) is out of place.  This is
> opposed to a "not found" which indicates that
> everything is out of place.
>
> With apache check the error log
> (/var/log/httpd/error_log on Fedora/RedHat) and see
> what the cause of the problem is.  If that doesn't
> lead to you immediately solving the problem, please
> paste in the relevant messages from the error log...

Also, you might check your httpd.conf for access permissions.  Here's
a snippet of mine.

    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "MythTV"
    AuthUserFile /etc/httpd-passwords
    Require user trey
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from 192.168.201 192.168.202 192.168.203
    #Allow from all
    Satisfy Any

This requires a password if I'm not on one of the 3 allowed subnets.