[mythtv-users] DirecTV STB USB port

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Sep 10 19:20:05 UTC 2007

On Sep 10, 2007, at 12:08 PM, Rob S wrote:

> This started about tuesday or wednesday last week.  I'm pretty sure
> that it's not the cable, or my computer because after I do a cold
> reboot on the box it works and I go "oh...okay...it's working now"
> Then it'll record the next show and stop working after that (the
> channel changing).  I was just wondering if there is anyone else
> out there that's noticed this...
>
> Thanks,
> Rob

A while back I had an issue with the serial port device permissions.
I used a udev rule to make sure it was owned by the mythtv user and
that seems to have fixed it for me. Maybe the initial channel change
the backend does when registering the tuner card is working but the
subsequent ones are not? Do you have any backend log output or maybe
some debug output from your channel change script?