[mythtv-users] upgraded myth for SD, now Xorg problem

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Mon Sep 10 20:21:29 UTC 2007

Joe Ripley wrote:
> On 9/9/07, Tom Lichti <tom at redpepperracing.com> wrote:
>
>> I already have "UseEvents" "true" set. I've tried both the current 100
>> driver, and the last 96 series with no change. I am using realtime
>> priority, the nvidia AGP driver, and everything else I could think of,
>> but CPU stays skyrocketed with HD.
>>

> With HD content XvMC is pretty much the best way to go.  I have no
> experience with it (my box is strictly SD) but according to the wiki,
> you'll have problems without XvMC:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/XvMC#Example_CPU_Savings

I forgot to mention that XvMC doesn't work for some reason with HD
material. It works fine with SD ( not that I need it). A bit of history,
we went on vacation, and when we came back my main frontend wouldn't
boot, so I rebuilt it with the latest KnoppMyth, re-installed everything
and got it back to where it was before, except that XvMC doesn't work.
The picture is like it's zoomed, it seems that the frames are all
overlapped, and there are all kinds of prebuffer and frame rate errors.
My next test is to upgrade to latest SVN with the mythtv-vid merges,
since my last update was just before the merge.

Tom