[mythtv-users] problems with data

Bill Omer bill.omer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 02:00:50 UTC 2007

I'm having some intermittent problems with what I believe to be
database related.  I've done everything I can think of, mysqlcheck and
myisamchk , as well as optimize_mythdb.pl.   I still find myself with
recordings that aren't working right.  Sometimes it will skip in a
certain portion of a show.  If I find a show that has this mysterious
skip, sometimes it will jump back to the point where it skipped if I
try to jump forward or back in the show.  Very annoying.  I've had
this problem with 0.21 svn, and what ever version you get in ubuntu
with apt-get.  Other than the skipping, at times I get very slow
response times with the frontends, especially trying to view the
program guide, browsing channels, loading the recorded programs screen
etc..

It's an old database.  It has lots of really old data i'm sure.  I
would like to wipe the database and start again from scratch, but I
really don't want to have to set all the schedules again, especially
the carefully set priorities.

Is there a way to backup just the schedules and priority settings?  I
don't care about previous recording info, or even retaining current
recordings.

I'm not actually sure this is a database problem to begin with.  This
could be an io issue I suppose, I haven't tried to watch the mpeg from
outside the frontend.  This is my best guess though, because I found
some errors like:

Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

But I've also found:
writeStringList: Error, socket went unconnected

Any thoughts?

-Bill