[mythtv-users] Apple X11 or XDarwin?

Ken Taylor ken at onramp.com.au
Tue Sep 11 05:20:02 UTC 2007

On 11/09/2007, at 10:42 AM, Chris Ribe wrote:
> Just a heads up - the Mac OS Mythfrontend.app has some annoying bugs
> that make it a lot less enjoyable than  a Linux frontend in my
> experience.    I have two macbooks that I use as frontends
> regularly, and two ubuntu P4 based frontends.
>
> The Mac frontend suffers from a horrible bug that causes recording
> to recue to the beginning if you hit the "jump forward" or "jump
> backward" multiple times in rapid succession.

This is a bit of a pain, but you get used to the rate at which you can
cue forward/backward - I don't find it a major showstopper.

> It also tends to lock up the machine when left running for more than
> a day or so, and has exhinited problems returning from suspend/sleep.

Nope - never seen this - My Mini runs Frontend for months at a time
and it's never locked the machine.

I have also considered running Linux on the Mini, but I use it to
mirror my iPhoto and iTunes libraries, and it therefore makes running
MacOS a nicer option - to each his own.

Ken
--
Ken Taylor

"Everyone knows the plural of virus is Windows" - Mike Muth on AFU