[mythtv-users] Can an old school installation be salvaged?

Dan Berger danberger at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 12:27:25 UTC 2007

Hey all, I've been a MythTV user for three years. My system has worked
flawlessly to my configuration (thanks in part to all of the experts who I'm
sure are still on this ml) but obviously now I have to upgrade because of
the Schedules Direct issue.

The problem, however, is that I'm still running FC3 (2.6.11-1.35) and MythTV
0.19. I haven't upgraded the box since around June of 2006, an installation
that still use apt-get. Needless to say, when I try to upgrade or
dist-upgrade, dead/neglected repositories and cannot proceed.

Has anyone been able to make this comeback? Is the only way of moving
forward starting from scratch? Should I try switching to yum? Any advice
would be greatly appreciated.

Dan