[mythtv-users] Missing recording problem (not listed)

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Tue Sep 11 13:38:29 UTC 2007

On 9/10/07, Michael frandsen <mf1910 at vip.cybercity.dk> wrote:

> Kevin Kuphal skrev:
> > On 9/10/07, *Michael frandsen* <mf1910 at vip.cybercity.dk
> > <mailto:mf1910 at vip.cybercity.dk>> wrote:
> >
> >     Recently I have missed quiet a lot recordings. It have happend
> before
> >     but I never really understood the reason and it was rare. Only
> >     trace is
> >     an N (not listed) in previously recorded list.
> >
> >     I am using a dvb-t card and the week ahead information supplied from
> >     there. What I noticed is that the missing recordings is when the
> >     schedule change only a few minutes often within an hour before
> planned
> >     schedule, ex. start time originally 10pm moved to 10:05pm.
> >
> >     Honestly I had expected Mythtv to handle schedule changes
> >     automaticly,
> >     one of the benefits having live electronic program guide, but what
> >     am I
> >     doing wrong since it not?
> >

> > Are your recording rules, "any time on this channel" or "this timeslot"?
> >
> > Kevin
> >
> No the recording rule is default by pressing record button in program
> guide, only this showing.

I believe that "only this showing" is very literal.  You should try changing
the rule to "any time on this channel" or even "any time on any channel".
This will catch schedule changes and with most programs is unlikely to catch
"extra" showings especially if you enable the duplicate detection as well.

Kevin