[mythtv-users] Transfer videos

Anthony R. Baker baker at low-e.com
Tue Sep 11 14:32:18 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 10:36 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Transfer videos

On 09/10/2007 05:54 PM, Joe Ripley wrote:
>> On 9/10/07, Anthony R. Baker <baker at low-e.com> wrote:
>>
>>>       I'm trying to transfer videos from an old machine to my new one. I
>>> could transfer the vob files by the network but would need to copy the
>>> database info as well to get them to show up.

>Or just run Manage Videos once...

    I'm at work so i can't be sure I'm not saying something dumb here by
checking out what I say first but... I don't think there is anything on that
page that will help move videos from one  FE/BE to another so I can retire
the first one. If I'm wrong please let me know I'm not trying to be
argumentative I'm just missing something here ( brain fried).

>>>  I could copy them from disc
>>> again but that would take alot more time. Is there a mysql table I could
>>> copy/transfer that would work or should I copy them from disc again?
>>>

>> The 'videometadata' table contains all information regarding videos
>> stored in MythVideo.  However, be sure to note that this table
>> references all of the filenames and coverfiles by absolute paths.

>Not to mention a couple of other tables and the data within...

>Mike
    But could I share /myth/video via nfs and drop in 'movie.vob' from the
other machine, then import the data in the 'videometadata' table and have it
show up O.K?  I'm going to install an updated frontend only on that one
later I just thought I should be able to move all the movies at once rather
that archive or recopy them from disk.