[mythtv-users] Is mythtv threaded

Jon jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 15:04:00 UTC 2007

> Hi all,
>
> I’m new to mythtv and I was just wondering if mythtv was threaded
> so that I could take advantage of the dual core processor in my
> backend machine?
While I can't say for sure if it is threaded or not, I will tell you
that you will see a benefit from a dual core processor, because
mythtv, in general, is several different programs that each do
different pieces of the puzzle. The backend process is what does the
main scheduling and recording, while the frontend is for playing,
browsing the program guide, it's the main interface if you will, then
each plugin (mythvideo, dvd, etc) is it's own program. So, while I
can't say for sure if it's threaded (I'm sure someone else will be
glad to tell you) you will not be disappointed in using a dual core
system.

~Jon