[mythtv-users] Playing HD w/o XvMC

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 22:16:52 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a 3.4ghz P4 with 512mb RAM.

I have FC6 intalled and Mythtv SVN:

[myth at mythtv mythtv_build]$ mythbackend --version
Library API version     : 0.21.20070820-1
Source code version     : 14289
SVN branch              : trunk
Network Protocol Version: 35
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_backend using_dbox2
using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_bindings_perl
using_libavc_5_3 using_live

I remember when i was running .20 I could watch HDTV with out XvMC.  But now
i get a shuddering video.

Its been a while since it was working.  I have since reinstall FC6 to clean
up my newbie mistakes and upgraded to the svn.  What would cause this?  What
can i check.

I am running the i686 kernel.

Thanks,
Mitchell